Fix: Rainbow Six Siege won’t Launch
Rainbow Six Siege is an Online Tactical Shooter that was developed and published by Ubisoft. The game was released in the December of 2015 and instantly became quite popular among the gaming community due to its tense Multiplayer and focus on tactics. However, quite recently a lot of reports have been coming in of users who are unable to play the game because it won’t launch after executing the executable. No response is shown after the game is launched and it doesn’t show up in the task manager.
Rainbow Six Siege Cover.
After receiving numerous reports from many users we investigated the issue and put together a set of solutions which solved the issue for most of our users. Also, we compiled the list of reasons due to which the error was being triggered and they are as follow
- Administrative Privileges: The game requires administrative privileges in order for all of its elements to function correctly. If the administrative privileges are not provided the game might face issues while trying to access sensitive information.
- Missing Files: All of the game files are required to be present and intact in order for it to launch properly. If the game is missing important files or the files have gone corrupt the game will not launch properly.
- Outdated Graphics Card Drivers: If the graphics card drivers are outdated and have not been updated the game might face issues during the launch process because it requires the latest graphics drivers provided by the developers in order to function correctly.
- System Specifications: The game scans the computer hardware upon launch and does not go through with the launch process if the system does not meet the minimum system specifications set by the game. This issue, unfortunately, is impossible to solve.
- Uplay App: It is possible that the “Uplay” app might be outdated or corrupt. The game fails to launch properly if Uplay is not functioning properly.
Now that you have a basic understanding of the nature of the problem we will move on towards the solutions. It is recommended that you try to implement these solutions in the specific order in which they are provided.
Solution 1: Providing Administrative Privileges
The game requires administrative privileges in order for all of its elements to function correctly. Therefore, in this step, we will be providing the game administrative privileges. For that
- Navigate to the game installation folder.
- Right-click on the “Rainbowsix.exe” and select “Properties“.
- Click on the “Compatibility” tab and check the “Run as Administrator” box.
- Click on “Apply” and then on “OK“.
- Run the game and check to see if the issue persists. Providing the game administrative privileges
Solution 2: Verifying Game Integrity
If the game is missing important files or the files have gone corrupt the game will not launch properly. Therefore, in this step, we will be using the Steam or the Uplay client to verify the integrity of the files depending upon which platform you bought the game through.
- Open the Steam Client and log in to your account.
- Click on “Library” and right–click on the game from the list in the left pane.
- Select “Properties” and click on the “Local Files” tab.
- Click on “Verify the integrity of Game Files” options and wait for the client to complete the process.
- Run the game and check to see if the issue persists. Verifying Files on Steam
- Open the Uplay client and log in to your account.
- Click on the “Games” tab on the top of the window. Clicking on the “Games” tab
- Hover to the game tile and a little arrow will appear on the bottom right corner of the tile. Moving the pointer to the game tile and clicking on the small arrow that appears.
- Click on this arrow and select “Verify Files” option.
- Wait for the verification process to finish, run the game and check to see if the issue persists.
Solution 3: Reinstalling Uplay App
In some cases, the Uplay app was either outdated or certain elements of the game were not functioning properly due to which the game was not being able to launch correctly. Therefore, in this step, we will be reinstalling the Uplay app after deleting it completely this might solve the issue for users that bought the game through the Uplay Platform. For this
- Click on the start menu and select the “Settings” icon. Clicking on the start menu and selecting settings icon
- Click on “Apps” and select the “Apps & Features” button from the left pane. Clicking on “Apps”
- Scroll down and click on the “Uplay” app.
- Select the “Uninstall” button and click on “yes” if permission is asked by the prompt. Clicking on the Uninstall button that appears below the App title.
- Download Uplay from here and install it after the downloading finishes.
- Log in to your account, run the game and check to see if the error persists.
Note: Some users fixed their issues by uninstalling Uplay from the C drive and then installing it on another drive so try to give that a go if this doesn’t work for you.
Solution 4: Updating Graphics Card Drivers
If the graphics card drivers are outdated and have not been updated the game might face issues during the launch process because it requires the latest graphics drivers provided by the developers in order to function correctly. Therefore, in this step, we will be updating the graphics card drivers to the latest version.
For Nvidia Users:
- Click on the Search bar on the left-hand side of the taskbar
- Type in Geforce Experience and press enter
- Click on the first icon to open the application
Opening Geforce Experience
- After signing in, Click on the “Drivers” option on the top left.
- In that Tab, Click on the “Check for Updates” option on the top right
- After that, the application will check if new updates are available
Checking for Updates
- If the updates are available a “Download” button will appear
Click on the Download button
- Once you click on that the driver will begin to download
- After the Driver is downloaded the application will give you the option for “Express” or “Custom” installation.
- Click on the “Express” installation option and the Driver will automatically be installed
- After the installation is completed, run the game and check to see if the problem persists.
For AMD Users:
- Right–Click on the Desktop and select AMD Radeon Settings
Opening AMD Radeon Settings
- In the Settings, click on Updates in the lower right corner
Clicking on Updates
- Click on “Check For Updates”
Clicking on “Checking for Updates”
- If a new update is available a new option will appear
- Click on the option and select Update
Clicking on “Update Now”
- The AMD installer will start, click on Upgrade when the installer prompts you to
- The installer will now get the package ready, check all the boxes and click on Install
- This will now download the new driver and install it automatically
- Restart your computer and try to run the game.