How to download Apex Legends on PS4, Xbox One, and PC
New to Shacknews? Signup for a Free Account
Already have an account? Login Now
Drop into the latest battle royale title set in Respawn Entertainment’s Titanfall universe by learning how to download and install Apex Legends.
Battle royale fans and Titanfall players who simply can’t get enough of the game’s universe are in for a special treat. Electronic Arts and Respawn Entertainment, the developers of Titanfall, have announced a new free-to-play battle royale game called Apex Legends. Available right now, the game is touted as a fresh and polished new battle royale experience, and it’s free on nearly all major platforms. Here’s how to download and install Apex Origins on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
Apex Origins is available as a free-to-play game on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, meaning players can jump into the game without spending a single cent. Given that these big three platforms all have their own respective storefronts, the method for downloading Apex Legends will depend on which platform the game will be played on.
How to download Apex Legends on PlayStation 4:
- Turn on the PlayStation 4 system and launch the PlayStation Store from the home screen.
- Highlight search, then type in “Apex Legends.” The game may also be listed in other store categories.
- Select the game, then select “Download” or “Add to library.”
After Apex Legends has been added to the PlayStation 4’s Library, it can be launched via the home screen or through the Library menu.
How to download Apex Legends on Xbox One
- Power on the Xbox One and launch the Microsoft Store.
- Highlight search, then enter “Apex Legends.” Alternatively, look for the Apex Legends listing around the storefront.
- Select and then download the game.
Xbox One players interested in playing Apex Legends will note that an Xbox Live Gold subscription is required. Given that Apex Legends is an online battle royale, this is likely to be expected.
How to download Apex Legends on PC
- If necessary, download, install, and sign up for EA’s Origin store.
- Launch Origin, then type “Apex Legends” into the search box.
- Find the listing for Apex Legends in the Origin Store and select it.
- From the game’s store page, select Download or Install.
For now, it appears that Apex Legends is an EA Origin exclusive. Given that the game is published by Electronic Arts, it’s unlikely that this will change any time soon.
Given that it’s such a fresh release, the Shacknews crew is still busy finding the chance to download and install Apex Legends. There’s no doubt that we’ll have even more guides and news on offer soon, and readers can stay on top of all the latest stories by heading over to our Apex Legends home page.
Yakuza 0, Kiwami, and Kiwami 2 are now available with Xbox Live Gold
Apex Legends Aftermarket Collection event adds cross-play next week
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War alpha dates and pre-load time
The Outer Worlds guide and walkthrough
From The Chatty