How to Fix Apex Legends Lag – Easiest Hack for Gamers in 2020
You’re in the middle of an intense firefight in Skull Town on Apex Legends. Your Lifeline squadmate is down. You rush to get her banner to a Respawn Beacon in the Thunderdome. You see the little green diamond marking the beacon, and, suddenly, your game drops.
Thanks to lag, your battle royale is done. How do you ensure that you land in King’s Canyon without lag disruption? You’ll need a trustworthy VPN so that you can, once again, be a Legend for a day.
How to Fix Apex Legends Lag
- Choose a VPN – We recommend NordVPN for gaming.
- Install the VPN and connect to the server nearest your location or target location.
- That’s it! Enjoy playing Apex Legends lag-free!
Start Playing with NordVPN!
How a VPN Can Help You Fix Apex Legend’s Lag
Lags are a nuisance that originates from latency. Latency works like ping: It’s the measurement between your client and your game server. The higher the latency, the better the chance of a lag slowing down or stopping your game.
Since Apex Legends is free to play with worldwide popularity, there are thousands of users on each server. Servers can get overcrowded, and some internet service providers (ISPs) will even resort to slowing down the internet, aka ISP throttling. Lag is the result of these unfortunate events.
If you want to return to your Wraith Legend fast, we recommend adding a VPN. A VPN will not only camouflage your location, but it will also find you the quickest server for Apex Legends. The high amount of loot in the Pit is a click away!
If you want a real Legend VPN, we recommend NordVPN. We ran numerous VPN tests for gaming, and NordVPN was the clear winner among hundreds of other VPNs.
Security in your squad is a top priority in Apex Legends, and it’s no different when you are shopping for the right VPN. NordVPN offers military-like protection with 256-bit encryption and built-in anti-DDoS protections. Your gaming world is safe because each of NordVPN’s custom servers protects you against security hacks.
Lags don’t stand a chance on the NordVPN battlefield. NordVPN’s updates on their speed connections mean your Apex Legends game remains in real time.
What else does NordVPN offer for your gaming?
- 5,100+ servers in 60 countries
- A strict no-logs policy
- Automatic kill switch
- CyberSec feature that blocks malware and other cyber threats
- 24/7 customer service
- 30-day money-back guarantee
The ever-shrinking safe zone on the Apex Legends map means you must think quickly and ahead of the curve. NordVPN gives you the freedom to make super-fast decisions without the worry of botched security and lag interference.
For more information, read our full NordVPN review.
NordVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Showtime, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Sling TV.
- Yes, P2P specialty servers available.
NordVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It’s also compatible with routers.
Start Gaming with NordVPN!
Other Ways to Fix Lag
A robust VPN is an excellent choice for fixing lag issues. But, there are also non-VPN fixes worth mentioning:
- Use an ethernet cable instead of wi-fi on your router. A wired internet connection has better stability, and it is typically better than a wi-fi connection.
- Go to the game settings and lower things like Resolution, Virtual Sync, and Anti-aliasing.
- Disconnect any of your other devices (like your phone) using your internet connection.
- Unplug your modem and router for 30 minutes to reboot your network hardware.
- Close background processes (for both Mac and Window) like Antivirus upgrades and Torrent clients.
The popularity of Apex Legends will only increase when a new map releases. You want the security to explore these new terrains without lag spoiling the party. A reliable VPN like NordVPN will up your loot with lightning-fast speeds, massive server selections, and military-level security.
Read why we placed NordVPN as the winner of our 5 Best VPNs for Gaming.
Want to invest in a top-performing VPN without breaking the bank? Our budget-savvy experts have put together this list of the best VPN deals around.