Rainbow Six Siege Stuttering and Lag Fix
Game stuttering is becoming very common these days. A lot of gamers report about their game stuttering in between, but they are helpless in this matter. Similar is the case with Rainbow Six Siege, which is increasing the frustration level of gamers with its continuous stutter and lag issues.
Many times the issue is because of a buggy game, but at times your PC might be the culprit. It’s hard to conclude as to where the problem lies, but solving it might give you some answers.
In this article, we are listing some fixes that can help you get rid of the Rainbow Six Siege FPS stutter, R6S mouse lag, and lag spikes.
Don’t worry if your game is stuttering. Just follow these simple and quick fixes to get rid of it instantly:
- Ensure to meet the minimum hardware requirements
- Limit your FPS
- Install the latest Patch
- Update your graphics driver
- Close background apps and downloads
- Run Rainbow Six Siege in a single core
- Lower the graphics settings on your game
- Change the power plan of your PC
Fix #01 – Ensure to meet the minimum hardware requirements
Every game comes with specifications that must be in your PC so that the game can run peacefully. The Rainbow Siege lag spikes that you are witnessing while playing the game might be because your PC does not fulfill the game’s requirement. Here is the minimum requirement for Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege that must be on your PC:
- Operating System: Windows 7/8/10
- Processor: Intel Core i3 560 @ 3.3 GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 3.0 GHz
- RAM: 6 GB
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD 5870 (DirectX-11 Compliant with 1GB of VRAM)
- DVD ROM Drive: DVD-ROM Dual Layer
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers
- Hard Drive: 30 GB
- Multiplayer: Broadband connection with 256kbps upstream or faster
If any of this requirement is missing from your PC, try to update it so you can play this game without any bugs.
Fix #02 – Limit your FPS
Rainbow Six Siege FPS stutter can be fixed by simply adjusting the FPS limit of the game. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to the ‘My Games’ folder. Now, locate your Rainbow Six Siege folder and go to GameSettings.ini
- Search for [DISPLAY] line
- Once there, set the FPS limit to 60 or below
- Save it and launch the game to see if the stuttering exists or not.
This is one of the most efficient ways through which many gamers were able to solve the issue with their Rainbow Six Siege. If this fix does not work for you, then move to the next fix.
Fix #03 – Install the latest Patch
A lot of times, the old version of the game can also cause trouble during playing and Rainbow Six Siege is no exception. Ubisoft keeps on coming up with the latest game updates to resolve any bug that might be causing stuttering.
If your game keeps on stuttering and there is no reason to be found, then check the official website of Ubisoft to see if there are any new updates of Rainbow Six Siege or not. If yes, then install the update and run your game to see if the problem exists or not.
Fix #04 – Update your graphics driver
Many gamers say that updating graphics driver is the easy cure to the Rainbow Six Siege input lag. You can simply update your graphics driver to get rid of a lot of issues.
To update your graphics driver, follow these simple steps:
- Go to your graphics card manufacturer’s website (Nvidia, AMD, or Intel).
- Look for the most recent driver update that is compatible with your version of Windows OS and download it.
- Double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- Restart your computer and launch the game again to see if it’s working fine.
Once the update is complete, launch your game and see if the problem exists or not.
Fix #05 – Close background apps and downloads
Running other applications in the background can also cause your game to stutter. Check if any apps or downloads are running in the background and close them to play Rainbow Six Siege peacefully.
Simply open the Task Manager, check all the apps and downloads that are slowing down your PC and close them as long as you are playing the game.
Fix #06 – Run Rainbow Six Siege in a single core
You can simply disable the CPU Core 0 in your PC that causes stuttering in the Tasks Manager. Here’s how to do it:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the Task Manager.
- Click on Details.
- Look for for Rainbow Six Siege .exe file, then right-click on it and select ‘Set Affinity’.
- Now, uncheck the CPU 0 box and click OK.
Restart your game to see if the stuttering exists or not.
Fix #07 – Lower the graphics settings on your game
You can also lower the graphics settings of your game to get rid of Rainbow Six Siege lag spikes. Here’s how to do it:
- First, you should run your game in Windowed mode.
- Next, go to your in-game settings.
- Make sure the V-Sync is disabled.
- Set your game graphics settings such as Texture Quality, Shading and other effects to Low.
- Apply the changes and run the game.
See if your game is still lagging or stuttering. If no then congrats – but if yes – check out the last fix below.
Fix #08 – Change the power plan of your PC
Sometimes the power plan of PC affects the performance of the game. For instance, if your PC is on Balanced mode then it might interfere with graphics and CPU functions. Here’s how you can fix it:
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard then on the Run dialog, type “powercfg.cpl.” Now hit Enter.
- When the screen appears, expand Hide additional plans and select High performance.
- Type “advanced” in the search box in the upper-right corner, then click View advanced system settings.
- In the pop-up window, click on Settings… in the Performance section
- Click on Adjust for best performance and press OK.
Run the game and see if it fixes the problem.
That’s it. These are all the fixes that can help you fix your game pretty easily and quickly. If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments below.